 Trains / 6739
  Re: WHAT IF? Take a look!

(...) Running a 9V motor at 12 V for extended periods (say with a heavy load so the train will not fly off the track) will shorten the lifespan of the 9V motor. (...) I thought that voltage would matter. I understand that ultimately the strength of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WHAT IF? Take a look!

(...) Lets put it this way: I don't think you are going to harm the Lego motor unless you build it into a special engine that is designed to stand 12 volts around highly banked corners. I can try it if you want...I have ample 12 volt supplies and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)