 Trains / 6699
    Re: Slightly OT - Microsoft Train Simulator —Kevin Wilson
   (...) <snip list of one UK, on German and 7 US steam locos> I doubt if any of us is qualified to even suggest what is the worlds most famous steam loco, if one goes by the number of people worldwide who have heard of it. Who knows which the millions (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Slightly OT - Microsoft Train Simulator —Frank Filz
     (...) Part of me would bet on The General. Reason? It's been featured in at least one movie, and as we know, US movies get circulated the world over (for good or bad). (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Slightly OT - Microsoft Train Simulator —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) of (...) Scotsman... (...) Exactly my point, thanks for the confirmation. Although the MS flacks did qualify it by saying "arguably", they're no more entitled to claim what's famous than you or I are. And arguably less, since they're just (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)