 Trains / 6495
Re: New trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:27:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
3x center beam lumber cars, 2x PNLTC box cars, 3x tank cars, 1x propane tank
flatbed, 2x small gondolas, 1x spool flatbed.

I really like the propane tank.

I reduced the thickness of the purple stripe to one row of bricks on the
Rhiengold coaches. Here's a few shots on my layout of all 4 coaches. Also a
couple works-in-progress of a blue and red pair of coaches. I hope to make a
green and yellow version as well.

I really wish the color purple in these coaches would show correctly on my
computer screen.  I know it must look dashing, but it's sadly blue to me.
I think what caught my eye the most were the dark gray 1x2 "wood" bricks used
in the end-of-car through-ways.  Very nice look for the door/diaphram between
the coaches.

A funky 6 wide monorail sub, 3x UAL airplanes, 1x yellow airplane, and last
but not least a PNLTC coffee mug!

The 6 wide monorail sub reminds me of Disneyland's Captain Nemo's submarine
ride.  Cool!  I rode this ride when I was 4 years old in 1974.  I actually
wanted to ride the Disneyland monorail, but kept mistakingly calling it the
"submarine", rather then monorail!  I never did get to ride the monorail.  I
was sooo disappointed.

later,
James Mathis