 Trains / 626
  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

This sounds like an excellent idea, however I'm not sure how to implement it. If it were a built in feature of Track Designer it would require that the entire rendering engine of LDraw be built into TD. A bit daunting! If it were built into LDraw, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) A stand-alone utility could call LDraw (or LDLite) to produce the images, but extract the (port) information directly from the .DAT file. Calling into LDraw/LDLite is pretty easy -- both programs are command-line driven. The utility would have (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) I'm not too familiar with LDraw, can I call it with a design (.DAT file) and a viewpoint and get back a bitmap somehow? Matt (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Yep. Pass in a .DAT filename, and include the -MS parameter (for Mode Save). A bitmap will be created in the ldraw\bitmaps directory. It will have the same filename. If there are step commands in the DAT file, several bitmaps will be created, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Oops. Forgot the bit about the viewpoint. That can be passed to LDraw as well. It's the -a parameter. Steve (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)