 Trains / 5936
  Train Windows

While purusing the "EL Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment" I came across this photo of a Pullman car that has a window design very similar to the standard train window. It also seems to use a solid piece of glass not one with the line (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

That's the good news. Here's the bad news.... Look at how tall the windows are in that pic. They are about as high as the distance from the bottom of the car up to the bottom of the windows. A LEGO train window is 3 bricks high, so that means the (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Well... It's only been a few days since I started to seriously consider eight wides and you are already trying to get me hooked on 14's. What kind of pusher are you? :) I do see what you mean about the size of the windows... but the shape of (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) The addicted kind;-) (...) Oh, you are absolutely right. TLC got the window shape down perfectly. Of course, scale was never an issue in Billund anyway. For all intents and purposes, use those babies! And thanks for that bit of revelation (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Actually, if you remember that the plate on which the trains are built are 2 plates high, from the bottom of the car to the bottom of the window is 2 bricks and two plates, just one plate short of three bricks, or just one plate short of being the (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)