 Trains / 5842
Re: German Lego®-builder with mega-project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 15:36:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Cool, Ben. How did you get the newspaper halftone look?

Just some Corel Draw, you know?

Did Gary Istok loan you the London Bus stickers?

Do I remember right with you, Larry finding a dozen of london busses in a small
german shop? (Or was this a hint on Gary being the lucky finder? So long ago I
read that story....)

How did you ever get the patience to build all those buildings one at a
time and paste the pictures together?

Never been in Billund? I've been there twice (and took some pictures) and my 31
years old friend and collegue Jan visits the Park every two years and took
far over 100 pictures last time.

Seriously, I am in Germany next week, does this guy entertain visitors?

I'm not to sure about that. I never heared of him till yesterday.
He lives near Goch and presents his creations in a museum in Goch
(north-western Germany near the Rhine and near to the Netherlands): from June
6th till September 17th as told here:
http://www.goch.de/inhalt/kultur/99-lego.htm

Where's he located, my German wasn't good enough to tell, although I did get • the sense
that the article writer was accusing Winfried of being a pedant. :-)

That's the point, but with 2 millions of bricks you have to be pedantic. :-)

So take two more days for Europe and travel via train from Berlin to Brunswick
(shopping tour?), head on to Goch and reach two days later as planned
Amsterdam....

Regards,

Ben