 Trains / 5829
Re: Summer steam excursion train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 02:37:03 GMT

The City is Knoxville, Tenn. The only picture they showed was from the inside
of the shed where they are rebuilding it and it was dark and showed no details
of the train... The story says they tried to use it in a quarry operation but it
wasn't powerful enough and was stored for 44 years... the story indicated they
think the engine has less than 100,000 miles.... If I get a chance to see it I
will let you know about the wheel config .

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Hey, that's cool-- what city and what is the wheel config?

-John

John Morgan wrote:

Hi Folks,
I noticed in the local paper last week an item that might be of interest to the
steam train fans. In an effort to "revitalize"  our riverfront /downtown area,
they are planing to have a 75 min steam excursion train ride. called the Three
Rivers Rambler. They are converting Engine # 203 from coal burning to recycled
motor oil. the Engine was first purchased by Washington & Lincolnton Railroad
and was built by Baldwin Locomotive of Philadelphia, Pa, in 1925. I am excited
about having a live steam train  operating daily in town and just thought some
of you might be interested in this news.

   John