 Trains / 5818
5817  |  5819
Subject:
Summer steam excursion train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 03:58:29 GMT

Hi Folks,
I noticed in the local paper last week an item that might be of interest to the
steam train fans. In an effort to "revitalize"  our riverfront /downtown area,
they are planing to have a 75 min steam excursion train ride. called the Three
Rivers Rambler. They are converting Engine # 203 from coal burning to recycled
motor oil. the Engine was first purchased by Washington & Lincolnton Railroad
and was built by Baldwin Locomotive of Philadelphia, Pa, in 1925. I am excited
about having a live steam train  operating daily in town and just thought some
of you might be interested in this news.

   John