 Trains / 5685
Re: Find of the decade?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:47:45 GMT

Yeah that's kind of what I got out of it too. My German is pretty crappy,
but I got basically the same story out of it.

Kind of reminds me of the time I was visiting LA (Spring 1997) for a
convention and my cab stopped in front of a toy store in downtown LA, and I
notice a LEGO box in the window. I had to get out of the cab and go look, it
was the 4564. Unfortunately the store was closed and my flight left the next
morning before the store opened. But Gary Louie was kind enough to go check
it out for me and found that not only did they have the one 4564, but had 4
of them, plus 3 Metroliners, a couple 4554 and other goodies. Those are the
kind of finds that make you feel like a child on Christmas for sure.

jt

p.s.. and yes Gary was kind of enough to sell me one of each for his cost
(what a nice guy he was)

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, Peter Kraus writes:
Fake, but what does the German translate to?

My German is not that great, but basicly the person talks about how he went • in
to a toy store and found some 12V track, went to buy it and the cashier • asks
if he wants more than just track, like trains and crossings. So he bought • it
all, took it home and feels just like a ten-year old boy on Christmas Eve.