 Trains / 5683
Re: Cross Tracks (4519) question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:39:42 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

James J. Trobaugh wrote:

I have a simple question about the 4519
cross tracks. Is the voltage from one track isolated from the crossing
track? Basically I want to have two mainlines cross each other while
maintaining separate power supplies. Can this be done with a stock 4519? Or
do I have to use the "ol' tape on the end of the track" method to isolate
one of the tracks?

As people have mentioned that it works, I'd point out that the tracks
MUST be insulated. If they aren't then the track will be shorted. If
pairs of tracks were connected such as

   |   |
---+---o---
   |   |
---o---+---
   |   |

  o = open
  + = connection

Then this crossing would be Ok in figure eights and other constructs
depending on how it was rotated (which sounds like a recipe for disaster
to me).

All four lines are isolated. None of them connect to any other.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html