 Trains / 5554
5553  |  5555
Subject:
Duplo pieces used in Lego trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:03:01 GMT

Hi all, I recently got a Duplo train red dump box (I hope it is the
right term, my English is not perfect...),like the one that is used in
the wagon of set 2731 (where it's yellow).

My idea was to use it on a lego train chassis (frame),to build a
different kind of wagon.

Now,that's the problem: the lower part is shaped to fit a 2x6 duplo
brick,and in theory, a 4x12 lego plate. In theory.
Because, in reality ,a 4x12 plate doesn't fit under it.It must be
forced and curves like a banana!

This problem was solved because the 12 stud chassis has only 10 rows of
studs,since the 1st and last are the buffers bricks,that have no studs.

But,now,the problem is that the studs of the lego chassis don't succeed
in keeping the dump box linked to the rest of the wagon ,and I can't
understand why,since the lower side of dump box is shaped to fit both
lego and duplo studs.

If I lift the wagon by the dump box, as I do with all wagons,I only
lift the upper part...
I have lost many time in looking for a solution ,and all I did ,in the
end,was to link chassis and dump box together with two stripes of
adhesive tape....!

Some time ago,somebody built a waggon like mine,with a yellow duplo
dump box,but I can't find the messages he posted....
can anyone help me in finding this message, or a better solution than
adhesive tape?

Thanks in advance
Gianluca