 Trains / 4886
4885  |  4887
Subject:
Expand you RCX Train layout gadgets with this thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:04:01 GMT

Below is something I posted to lugnet.robotics a week or so ago. I
realized for us train people it could be useful as well for controlling
many track systems like drawbridges, road crossings etc...

Finally!

I have finished the web site for explaining how to create the (MS)2
Expander! (Mindstorm Motor/Sensor Expander)

A text byte from my site...

"I'm very happy to announce that my latest project the '(MS)2 Expander'
will expand your RCX's ports with very little additional programming.
Some of the possibilities are as follows;

1. 6 Full featured output ports!
(3 banks of 2 output ports with 2 usable at any one time with full
"Brake"/"Float" & Direction abilities)

2. 3 + 1 Full featured output ports & 3 + 2 Full featured input ports!
(3 banks of 1 output port + 1 RCX direct port & 3 banks of 1 input port
+ 2 RCX direct ports)

3. 6 + 1 Full featured input ports! (At the loss of 1 output port)
(3 banks of 2 input ports with 2 usable at any one time + 1 RCX direct
input port)

As you will see, this device can be used simultaneously with input &
output ports with the only expense
being one output port for the controlling of the device." (The workings
will be better explained on my site)

Due to my chronic tendinitis this project has been in the works for
almost a year! Sigh...

Please tell me what you think, your ideas etc...

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html

Thanks.

Dean

--