 Trains / 4744
  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Thanks, Kev. I have pics on your site;-) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

That's the one. Here's my version: (URL) 6 wide and uses no train windows (except for the doors). I liked that currogated brick design so much I had to try it out. I used the pictures of the o gauge metroliner at the train show for the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Neat. You got the RDC shell appearance as close as you can without being able to do the tumblehome. Better than John did, actually. But man that's a lot of corrugated! (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Looks a lot like the real metroliner, although the loco looks a little uhh... fast for this train. (I'm looking at a pic in the book "Supertrains", which is a great book for pics of fast trains) Alan Random set: <set:6373> (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

(...) I don't know if you noticed but I used dark gray inverse slopes underneath. They really help hint at the curvature the way light gray or black do not. It was a total accident, I had alot of dark gray slopes and diddn't have many light gray (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

(...) Sure is a lot of corrugated. Wow! Kevin has made a really nice train set with this train. (...) I like the dark gray inverse slopes. Have you tried installing the same 1/4-curved-top bricks that you use for the roof on underside of the train (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)