 Trains / 4528
Re: Help to identify a train set !!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:37:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Draves writes:
Hi Ben,

This is a puzzle, I suppose it is possible that I have what is left of two • sets.
The motor is 3-1/3 brick high, and the battery box opens from the top.  The • motor
and the battery box work great and are in great shap as are most of the pieces • I
have located for this set.  I had a close look at the 116 horn and envelope • and the
look like what I have, from left to right the horn has a small line, then a • larger
line on about a 60 degree angle, then a longer yet thicker line perpendicular. •  In
the centre is a unattached circle with 3 verticle line on the centre bottom, • lastly
is the horn portion of the print.  I don't know if that helps.

Steven

Dear Steven!

I would bet you have got the 127 set, even if the printed bricks of your set
look like the one from 116. Maybe Lego has used the changed version (which I
know from the set of a friend of mine) somewhat later for the 127. In the first
days of 127 they might have used up their last bricks of 116, who knows?

Anyway enjoy that set! I think you shouldn't give it away, since it is an old
historic set of the early Lego train years.

Even if you don't like them now: check out my site of blue era trains and
discover their strange charme.... (My personal favorite of that era is the 119
prairee train set.)
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/blue_era.html

Best Regards,

Ben