 Trains / 4526
Re: Help to identify a train set !!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 04:16:40 GMT

Hi Ben,

This is a puzzle, I suppose it is possible that I have what is left of two sets.
The motor is 3-1/3 brick high, and the battery box opens from the top.  The motor
and the battery box work great and are in great shap as are most of the pieces I
have located for this set.  I had a close look at the 116 horn and envelope and the
look like what I have, from left to right the horn has a small line, then a larger
line on about a 60 degree angle, then a longer yet thicker line perpendicular.  In
the centre is a unattached circle with 3 verticle line on the centre bottom, lastly
is the horn portion of the print.  I don't know if that helps.

Steven

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Steven Draves writes:
Just noticed I indicated set 116, I should have put set 127 as the one I
think I have, any idea where one could download instruction?

Steven

Hi Steven!

Sorry to tell you, but I have no spare 4551 at hand, otherwise I would have
liked to make a deal 127 against 4551.

Actually 127 and 116 are roughly the same with two main differences: 116 has no
magnetic couplings, but the older type of hook couplings.

And 116 has the very first 4.5 Volt motor (like set 102 but in black), which
has a higher housing (4 bricks) than the one from 127 (like 103), which is as
high than 3 1/3 bricks. The high type motor needs very special wheel types also

Notice that the batterie boxes are a little different too: 116 opens to the
bottom, 127 to the top.

Last (small) difference ist the print of the horn and envelope: but I'm not
able to describe this in a few words... Take a look at yours and the one from
116. If the look identically you have the 116 train set.

Best Regards,

Ben