 Trains / 434
Re: Trains discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:27:00 GMT

"Bryan Kinkel" <Helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> writes:

Here is a snippet from one of the recent messages concerning trains..

Apparently it hasn't hit Dejanews yet, so i can't look it up, but I
think the post is misleading.

Here's a previous post from the same author.  It may be that all these
new sets (which have been listed in the print catalogs, etc) have
suddenly been discontinued, but I somehow doubt it.

[minor formatting changes]

Author: MAH4546
Email: mah4546@aol.com
Date: 1998/12/26
Forums: rec.toys.lego

After seeing the new Trains, it is sadly obvious that some Town Jr-izing has
happend, luckily, though, the junior-izing seems to be minimal.

4533-Snow Plow Train-A nice idea, and a basic train.

4541-Road 'N Rail Cherry Picker-I just can't believe LEGO could come out with
soemthign this good these days. I say they went into the "rejected designs from
1991" for this one. It barely shows any simplifactaion.

4556-Train Station-I don't really like it. The luggae train is awful with one
of those trikes, and the station is quite small. And where is the other half of
the platform??? I'll still buy it, though.

4557-Container Train-I have mixed feelings. The Crane seems so classic to me,
reminding me of the one featured in the old Launch 'N Loas Seaprt, yet, it
seems simplified too. Also, how are the trucks suppsoe to get themeselves up on
the platform?? By magically rasiing themeselves?

4561-Alpen Express(Eur)-Hate the engine, love the rest. The engine is pathetic,
way to simple, but at least it connects to the cars with magnets and not by
having it join on like a semi-truck. I like the cars, and, I love how they
modeled it after the chunnel with the feature of placing cars in the back.

4593-Train Wash-Wow! A fresh, novel, new, innovative idea from LEGO(I'm
repeating myself), now theres something that doesnt happen a lot lately. I am
very pleased with this set.

Also new for 1999: 4519-Cross Track

Discontinued for 1999: 4525-Road 'N Rail Repair(after five long years),
4532-Level Crossing(after three years); 4552-Cargo Crane(after four years);
4555-Frieght Loading Station(after four years), 4559-Cargo Railway(after three
years).

Also continuing for 1999: 4515-Straight Rail(entering ninth year); 4520-Curved
Raill(entering ninth year); 4531-Switiching Track(entering ninth
year);4546-Speed Regulatour(entering ninth year); 4565-Frieght & Crane
Railway(entering fourth year)(looks like no new Frieght train this year).

--
Alan Shutko <shutkoa@ugsolutions.com> - (314) 344-5214