 Trains / 4202
  Re: 9v train motors at higher voltage

Dear Ben, the Lego®-motors are to small to have a thermal switch. Only the speed regulator has one, to avoid damage on the regulator by short cuts in the curcuit. But you can drive the 9V motor for quite a while with at least 12V, since all Lego® (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motors at higher voltage

(...) Heh, THAT sounds familiar to me :-) LEGO sold the sweeper-contacts in a servicepack (#703) and that was a cheap way to convert the battery operated train to 12V one. I never thought about the different motor types as a kid. Indeed, mine is (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motors at higher voltage

(...) My 4.5v motors are 30 years old and have been subjected to first 4.5v (of course) then 12v on a regular basis. They still work fine today though I have had them apart for oiling and re-bushing. I cannot think of a toy available that will take (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)