 Trains / 4052
    Freight Loading Station —Mike Poindexter
   I was looking at how to map out my layout and had a question on the current Freight Loading Station (or any older one, I guess): Does the container grabber require hands to assist in operating? If not, I am going to try to make a freight loading (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Freight Loading Station —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) IMHO it theoretically doesn't need a HOG assist but practically does. I have about a 1 in 5 success rate using that grabber (its the same grabber as in 4549 or in the crane service parts pack) I plan to use the rubber feet that come with the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Freight Loading Station —Christopher Tracey
     Dan Boger and I were trying this very thing last night at the WAMALUG meeting with out MOC container transfer station. We haven't had much success with it yet, but we have gotten pretty good with droping containers from the grabber. :) We have got (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Freight Loading Station —Frank Buiting
   (...) I have been experimenting with a remote operated freight station with some success. Instead of a grabber I used magnets. Similar to some car decoupler systems a little technic pin pushes the container away from the magnet. Downside is that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)