 Trains / 3902
  Dirty Track

Does anyone have a way to keep that nasty black stuff from getting all over the rails of your layout? I just went through a whole box of kleenex getting my track clean again. And where exactly does that black stuff come from anyway? Cliff (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Cliff Olson (<Fp15CB.FKJ@lugnet.com>) wrote at 05:16:59 (...) Model railway people use something like an eraser. IIRC, here in the UK they're called track cleaning rubbers. Judicious use of IPA on a cloth may be effective, but I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

Hi I did see one, but that's for the 9V track, I think Cliff was on about the 12 Volts I use Solvent Cleaner and a cotton buds and rub very hard, The black stuff has some thing to do with the air oxidising on the electric contacts' on the bottom of (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

I recall that someone around here made a car that cleaned the rail as it went. If I remember correctly they mounted a piece of foam rubber to the last car of the train. It would clean the track on every pass. Does anyone else recall it or have the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

I didn't see the specific request for 12V but perhaps you are correct. I do believe that 9V track gets dirty as well. Take a look at Ben Fleskes Daylight page: (URL) you look at the image on the bottom it appears that the wheels have acquired some (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

Yeah I'd love to see that also. I've been thinking about making my own after I spend two evening scrubbing all of my track with a big pink eraser, and some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip. jt -- James J. Trobaugh james.trobaugh@ngltc.org North Georgia (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

I found what I was looking for. The images are on Joe's LEGO page: (URL) images are close to the bottom of the page. -Nick James J. Trobaugh wrote in message ... (...) after (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

Wow, thats a great sight, I don't know how I missed it in the past. I like the track cleaner, but I think I'd add an extra set of cleaners to get the inside of the track rail a little better, since that is were the current comes from. jt Nick Goetz (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)