 Trains / 3878
Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:06:21 GMT

Brian,

brian williams wrote:

All,

Larry mentioned a train in the GMLTC pictures that is not a standard Lego
color.  It is my beloved locomotive "Kathryn" which pulls the royal train on my
layout.  The dark green color and brass bands are achieved through the use
of stickers only - no paint.  Here you can see the Kathryn and some
additional sticker examples:

  "http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/Lok_Kathryn.JPG"
  Kathryn represents an 1975 German class BII locomotive that pulls the
  Royal Train on my fictitous provincial (German) railway.  The tender
  is full height as it carties peat for fuel.

  "http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/Lok_772.jpg"
  This is the class 22 electric switcher that I posted previously.  It
  is also lettered for the K.W.St.E - Acronym in German for the Royal
  Williamsburg State Railway (No relation to Wurtemburg).

  "http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/Quartet.JPG"
  Here is a quartet entertaining passengers at the Winterthur station.
  Only a fanciful model railroad could include such a typically American
  element in a European setting.  Custom figures and signage (note the
  second class coach in the background) really add to the layout's
  ambiance.

  "http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/William_Crooks.JPG"
  For the American enthusist, here is a Lego version of the William
  Crooks and two coaches of the St. Paul and Pacific Railway.  This was
  the first locomotive in Minnesota.  The train premiered last summer
  at the GMLTC display at the National Model Train Show in St. Paul.
  The American flag on the pilot has the correct number of stars for the
  year that Minnesota joined the union.  The other flag is the Minnesota
  state flag.

-BMW

Wow. The pictures, and the trains are simply stunning. I loved the
quartet as well. Excellent, excellent job. :)

Scott S.