 Trains / 369
Re: Rip off of Playmobil?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:45:46 GMT

Matthew Bates wrote:
<good theory>

Man this is scary!! Take a look at this one:
http://www.toyweb.com/pics/PLAYMO/PM4020.jpg

Could that be the germ of 4561? it's a lot farther apart than the scary
congruence of PM 4020 and TLG 3225, but.. it has a sloped large
windscreen/canopy at the end, the color scheme is blue and white, and
it's a passenger express with blue tinted windows.

Gak! Say it ain't so, please. I want TLG and Playmobil to compete
honestly, not by ripping off(1) each other's ideas. It's not like those
ideas are all that good to start with, anyway.

Well, look at the bright side. 3225 is 70 bucks, plus track, and 4020 is
over 200. So at least we're getting it cheaper.

1 - yes, in US english as well, rip off means to steal.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.