 Trains / 3350
Re: 8 Wide Train Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 16:12:20 GMT

Hey John,

  I just started using MLCAD on my PB 1400 (G3 upgraded) boy is it pokey, but it
works. It is a menu driven program so it is easy to figure out. I couldn't figure
out LDRAW within the first 60 seconds so I gave up on it. So far I have drawn 1
truck for my new engine. Sorry you had to go to the computing dark side, but
cutting LEGO.... I do not know if old Ben will be able to save you.

Chris

John Neal wrote:

John Gerlach wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Sell?  No, but give freely, sure, but I am not an ldrawer...yet (Just
bought my first <shudder> PC so now I am *able* to download ldraw:-).

Actually, there are just a few techniques that I used that could be
incorporated into any Steamer to make it look more prototypical.  My design
isn't so hot, especially when one considers that I used regular stock
wheels as drivers <shudder>.   John Gerlach and I have worked on an idea of
<more shudders> cutting 5571 hubs to create drivers.  John's first
prototype of the Hiawatha Hudson/Atlantic [1] is a delicate (albeit
beautiful) beast indeed.

Cutting bricks - I've turned to 'the dark side'...  :-O

Only Old Brad Kenobi can save us;-)

Speaking of 'dark side', how's that PC, John?  (For those of you who don't
know, John and I are Macintosh fans from waaaay back!  Of course, I work on a
PC all day, so I suppose I shouldn't kid him about it...)

Actually, I've never used the thing-- I got it for my kids.  I'll download ldraw
for them and hope they can teach me it!  PCs....<shudder>

Then he calls my locomotive 'delicate', just because it busted apart from
falling 3 feet onto a concrete floor!  Come on John, are you *never* pleased?

Delicate may have conveyed the wrong idea.  The design is more for show than for
stability, and so when we run it I get very nervous (for good reason;).  I can't
relax when we run that baby, but at the same time it is my fav GMLTC loco.  What
adjective would you use?

-John

<grin>

Hey all you Train fanatics - Happy Holidays!  I hope you receive LOTS of cool
train stuff this year!

And lots of coal in your stockings as well! ;-)

JohnN aka J-2

JohnG, GMLTC
  (axe the '.nospam' to reply)