 Trains / 3296
  Re: Color Schemes of Passenger Trains

John Warren wrote: Does anyone know the history of color schemes for (...) Not me, color schemes, especially prewar, are not my forte'. I DO think that UP switched to the Armour Yellow and grey with red stripe very early post war... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Color Schemes of Passenger Trains

(...) My forte' is more along the lines of green engines :) Ones with Castle, Saint, Hall type names :) That or LMS stuff (Black 5's, Princesses and so on) I'd have to dig through what little I have left on US railways ( I gave away my MR collection (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Color Schemes of Passenger Trains

I think the standard UP colors debuted in the mid/late 30s. I have a brochure from (19)36 that shows those colors, although it doesn't actually have a picture of a train to verify that they were painting the trains those colors that early. -- Have (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)