 Trains / 3178
  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) Yep, My EuroTrash Live Steamer has them...where does the smoke blow? Right into my face! (Mind you, I'm 16/1 too big for the cab of the engine too!) (...) Actually, I think it has more to do with the size of the engine and the front drag of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

Hey, do you have pictures of your little steamer? They would be neat to see. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) But that's part of the FUN of live steam, no? (...) Yes, I think you're right about that! Turbulent flow would be much more likely to disperse the smoke by the time it got back to the cab than laminar flow would. I wonder if streamlined (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) Yep, there are photos at: (URL) are pictures taken out here in Newfoundland...the track here is a bit wonky for running, but I should get a chance to do some repair work this spring, then more running of the engine. James Powell (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)