 Trains / 31203 (-10)
  Re: LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products Announce Building Sets Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean

(...) Never work, because we know kids NEVER run trains around curves too fast. Or crash them into things. IIRC, TRAINS magazine had a writeup of this movie (focusing on the "how it was made" details but with some other coverage) and the writer (...) (14 years ago, 22-Nov-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Externally Powered Monorail running on LDCC

Hello everyone! So I've been experimenting with the externally powered monorail... Then I remembered how much fun I had with Mark Riley's LDCC-- (URL) (vid from way back in '06) So one thing led to another, and here's the result-- (URL) (monorail (...) (14 years ago, 12-Nov-10, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Basic Train Elements

(...) pick-a-brick -- atleast as per my research. Thanks Scott. Let me see what I can do with my existing pieces. (14 years ago, 31-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Elements

(...) I hardly ever use any of the special train elements. Other than track, the new large wheels, and the old style couplers (with removable magnets), it has been a couple of years since I used a special train piece. I use (URL) wheels otherwise, (...) (14 years ago, 30-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains)

  Basic Train Elements

I have been digging around online Pick-a-brick to find out the various elements I would need to get the basic stuff to get a train going (wheels, axles, plates, buffers, etc). Besides finding the right elements (I am using the parts list from the (...) (14 years ago, 30-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains)

  New Video of PF Trains and Flexi-Track testing

I've posted a (URL) new video> of the MOCs in my loft: - PF trains and testing, including the first showing of my Class 14 loco working, and a new brake van. - Flexi-track ballasted, canted and sloped successfully at wide radius. - Scenic modules. (...) (14 years ago, 21-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Catenary and/or Trolley wire

(...) You could also possibly mount (URL) these> horizontally from your poles, and simply wrap string around the end. May be difficult to get enough clearance on bends though. You could also tie string between poles mounted on opposite sides of the (...) (14 years ago, 15-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Catenary and/or Trolley wire

(...) For trolleys maybe you could use (URL) or (URL) which protrude only a little. Catenary would probably be more difficult, can't think of a good (LEGO only) way to do those. ROSCO (14 years ago, 14-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  RAILBRICKS Issue 7 is Out!

A new issue RAILBRICKS is here! Inside you'll find articles for beginners, lessons on how to photograph your trains, more RCX/PF train experimentation, new ideas for smooth curves, instructions, and more! To download the new issue, go to: (URL) Big (...) (14 years ago, 13-Oct-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Catenary and/or Trolley wire

(...) Interesting... How to join it in a smooth and clean way? That seems to present the same problem as how to attach the string, you end up with something sticking below the plane of the string that the trolley pole or pantograph would (if (...) (14 years ago, 13-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact