 Trains / 30978 (-5)
  BBB Medium drivers

I recently made some crude but perfectly useable versions of the BBB medium drivers: both flanged and blind. They're a fair bit smaller than Ben's originals and make extensive use of primitives. <https://sites.googl...elgambort/ (URL) Since BS (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reducing voltage

(...) Hello, you can put AC or DC voltage at the input of the regulator with no problem as long as you don't put more than 9VAC~14VDC. The internal circuit will take both. So a quick fix that put 4.5~5V DC at the input will ouput about 3~3.2VDC at (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Reducing voltage

(...) I think this is how you want to do it. A simple solution would be to go to Radio Shack, and buy a couple large ceramic resistors. (not sure the values you'd want, but something low). Then, take a normal 9v wire, cut it, and insert the (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Reducing voltage

(...) Years ago PNLTC used to do this for the kids table at the show. From what I recall, we just drove a screw though the controller at about the 4th notch in the black area on each side to keep it from turning too far. It is a very long lasting, (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pulling power of different train systems

That's interesting stuff! Thanks for sharing the info. Scott W. (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact