 Trains / 30973
    Reducing voltage —David Laswell
   Our club lets kids run the controller for one of the lines when we do certain events (like, right now, with Detroit Festival of Trees), but we could use a way to forcibly limit the speed on the line that they're allowed to run. One way that's really (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Reducing voltage —Steve Hassenplug
     (...) I think this is how you want to do it. A simple solution would be to go to Radio Shack, and buy a couple large ceramic resistors. (not sure the values you'd want, but something low). Then, take a normal 9v wire, cut it, and insert the (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Reducing voltage —Matthew J. Chiles
     (...) Years ago PNLTC used to do this for the kids table at the show. From what I recall, we just drove a screw though the controller at about the 4th notch in the black area on each side to keep it from turning too far. It is a very long lasting, (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Reducing voltage —Martin Legault
   (...) Hello, you can put AC or DC voltage at the input of the regulator with no problem as long as you don't put more than 9VAC~14VDC. The internal circuit will take both. So a quick fix that put 4.5~5V DC at the input will ouput about 3~3.2VDC at (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Reducing voltage —Mathew Clayson
   (...) You have to be careful here. The controller is designed to take AC or DC, but the input diodes that that convert the AC to DC are only rated for 1 Amp (1000 milliampres). Make sure your transformer/wallwart is not rated for more than this. (...) (15 years ago, 24-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)