 Trains / 30850
  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) Another thing to try: Use the 9V motor to power the IR receiver, and run the PF motor from that. This would require the 9V motor to be disconnected (just use the pick-up), and you'd need to run the train controller at full speed, and make sure (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) To do this, I think you will need to run a 'dummy' PF Battery Box. I had this problem awhile back when I wanted to power my PF IR switch points using a 9V Train Controller. I had to the the 9V lead to the Battery Box and turn the battery box (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)