 Trains / 30814
Re: ILTCO Layout at the National Train Show, Hartford, CT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote:
   Help wanted from LEGO clubs and individual enthusiasts for the ILTCO multi-club LEGO train layout at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) National Train Show from 10-12 July in Hartford, CT!

snip

Hi Elroy!

I don’t want to start a huge discussion, and i’m not sure if this is entirely appropriate, but Jeff vW adn I have been ‘dabbling’ in a Classic Space train layout for the last few years and we were wondering if there’s any place for that at the show.

Personally I’m kinda on the fence about just the idea--I’ve seen the efforts that many great AFOL’s have put into getting the LEGO Train layout to be taken seriously as a legitimate model train scale for these shows. As well, in the past even rtlToronto has partook in the layout at NMRA.

Would a ‘spacey’ layout be too much?

Anyway, it’s no worries to us one way or the other if we can’t display at NMRA. As a matter of fact, I haven’t even cleared the idea with my friends here in Toronto. We might not be able to go as it is.

Anyway, throwing it out there.

BTW, here’s a link to our latest video from the show we did last weekend--

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/obb/?n=220

Take care,

Dave