 Trains / 30513
  First Train Show?

I'm not sure if anyone who's still around is going to know the answer to this (or if there even WILL be a good answer to this), but when was the first hobbyist-run LEGO layout displayed at a train show? So far, I was able to spot this thread on RTL: (...) (16 years ago, 17-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Train Show?

(...) I'm pretty sure I can remember seeing ads and newspaper articles for ones here in the 80s. And I suspect some of our European friends would have been displaying even earlier. Pre-internet craziness. Tim (16 years ago, 17-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Train Show?

Conan and Chuck (owners of the GMLTC) have been doing it since the 80's. They started out using 12v trains (with modified transformers to run on US current) and the switched to 9v when they became available. I'll get more details and some pictures (...) (16 years ago, 18-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Train Show?

(...) Talked to Conan Today and their first layout was at 1985 NMRA in St. Paul. We're going to rebuild the GMLTC web site to include a timeline and gallery of layouts from the beginning to present. (16 years ago, 19-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Train Show?

(...) Conan Collopy and his uncle Chuck first displayed at the GATS show in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1985. According to Conan, their 'inspiration' was a Playmobile layout at GATS in 1983, and they said to each other "we could do that out of Lego!". (...) (16 years ago, 19-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)