 Trains / 30513
30512  |  30514
Subject:
First Train Show?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:12:10 GMT

I'm not sure if anyone who's still around is going to know the answer to this
(or if there even WILL be a good answer to this), but when was the first
hobbyist-run LEGO layout displayed at a train show?

So far, I was able to spot this thread on RTL:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.toys.lego/browse_thread/thread/8c9c430a4d5a583c/9a1607a73d367fe4?hl=en&lnk=st&q=#9a1607a73d367fe4

It suggests that there was a site in 1996 that featured pictures of 3 successive
years of LEGO layouts at train shows! Also, I found this post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.toys.lego/browse_thread/thread/8c9c430a4d5a583c/9a1607a73d367fe4?hl=en&lnk=st&q=#9a1607a73d367fe4

Which references a 16' x 8' display back in November of 1995.

Does anyone know of anything even earlier? Is there any more information out
there about these back-in-the-day train shows?

DaveE