 Trains / 30447
Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:34:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matt Hamann wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mark Assi wrote:
   Okay, I really like this design the best! It took a good day to hammer out the design, but I think I was more impressed with this finished MOC then with any other MOC I’ve done. It had some rough spots that had me REALY scratching my head, but in the end, the brick walls gave way before my head did--thank goodness!

I hope you like this one:

Here’s an image of the model I based this design off of:

Best Regards, Mark Assi

Great work, Mark. I like how you used the 2x3 slopes in the middle. I may have to steal that in the future.

Thanks, Matt. The real tricky part about it is in connecting the 2x3 slope on it’s side. Because of the way it must be done, I originally ended up with a slot/gap between the top of the 2x3 slope and the brick above it. The slot/gap was about 1/3 or 1/2 the thickness of a LEGO plate. I was really bummed at first, and thought about maybe putting a white sticker over the 4 slots, but I couldn’t live with that, so I banged my head against my desk until the solution came to me. I found a way of filling that gap with a certain LEGO part. Anyway, have fun and good luck! Mark