 Trains / 30291
Re: Where have the axels gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 13:24:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, scott Frischmann wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Damon Burke wrote: (snip)

0.19 each x2 Train Wheel Ø16.6/Ø23
1.57 Prepack With 4 Axle
0.54 Bearing Element 3X6

(snip)

What's up with all those symbols? Do all the euro symbols mean the prices really
are in Euros?

sjf

Actually, it's a coded message regarding the future of 9V trains...  No, just
kidding.  Here's what really happened:

For the trainwheel part on the LEGO PAB website, there is a "diameter" symbol
(looks like a circle with a diagonal line across it) - which I copied and pasted
into my post.  Evidently, LUGNET had a hard time with those symbols on the
receiving end and turned it into what you see above.

Also, Didier Enjary has offered his confirmation that the "theory" proposed
above is correct.  If you order the Prepack with 4 Axle part, at least for the
present, you will get four axles.  If you order two trainwheel assemblies, you
will get 2 packs of axles, for a total of 8.  For the same reason, if you order
a stickered part, you will get one decal sheet for each stickered part ordered.

This is a bit of a bug in the PAB ordering system which, I am told, is being
addressed.

-Jordan