 Trains / 30212
Re: QR Class 2800 redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:31:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

Two and a half years ago I posted a QR Class 2800 locomotive. Today I’ve revisited it. I think the new version might be a tad better.

Comments and criticisms welcome,

Tim

Tim two and a half years ago I prototyped your original for real remember and I sent you the pictures of the new color scheme correct?? Well the old version runs on the track this version won’t guaranteed. You really should not have gone to the 6 wheel bogie concept as it does not work in the 6 wide game.

I made 4 of these all up and I don’t own any any more, Queensland Railway Workshop Museum at Ipswich own 2 and The QR Board of Directors own the others in a display cabinet in the board room in Brisbane.

But unlike yours mine have the authentic QR Decal of “QR National” on sides, front and back along with actual running numbers dedicated to loco’s that where refurbished and sent down south to help out with freight haulage.

I also have a 5000 class as well in my collection that runs at our permanent display home now at the Museum at Ipswich all are welcome to come and see.

So I think you should have stuck to the old design and left it alone now some fool will try and run this on a layout and wonder why it won’t go??

Cheers mate just catching up with you Peter Member#348 Ex Brisbane Lego Train Group Founder