 Trains / 30209
30208  |  30210
Subject:
Shea on BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:16:38 GMT

Hi All,
I was trolling BrickShelf and found this image of a Shea.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/teknognome/Train/Shay/shay2-resized.jpg

folder = http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=312493

I recently built one and built the full articulation and operating piston etc...
it was a huge undertaking that I was NOT 100% successful at (pics to come, if I
can find them).

I guess what I am so impressed with is the fact that this is a great example of
selective compression from a mechanical standpoint. It appears that all four
medium sized BBB wheels are directly attached to the chassis of the engine
solving a TON of mechanical problems, no rotation, expansion, compression of
side rails!  The front and rear most wheels look to be blind drivers which
solves the flange binding issues including the two axles per truck issues.

Well done and I hope who ever made this doesn’t mind if I copy their techniques!

Wow

SteveB