 Trains / 30208
Re: Double articulated locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:22:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Earley wrote:
Niels Karsdorp wrote:
I finaly found the time and bricks to build a double articulated locomotive I
started to build about half a year ago. It's a sixteen wheeled beast with two
engines. I haven't tried it running, but according to the first tests with the
chassis it should be able to go through s-curves and switches. ¬
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomannetje/ArticulatedLoc/loc01.jpg>> ¬
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=311902 Click for more
pictures>.

In meanwhile I changed the front ends with yellow shutters (above the brick with
Lego pattern). The photos are from before this change.

Thanks Neils, it looks very nice and retro :)

Thanks

How did you do the articulation?

With 4x4 turntables (in red) and macaroni bricks (in yellow)
The middle part hangs between the two motors on the two 4x4 turntables.
If I have some time next week I'll make some pictures in a curve and of the
articulation.

Niels