 Trains / 30091
Re: Ballasting Corners?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:00:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
..
Is it possible to have Susan post the link here for everyone, since there are
times when all of the clubs combine track at major shows.  I know there is some
reluctance by some clubs to move to standardization by including these types of
details, but it would be helpful if they are available to everyone and allow
club members the option.

Clifton D. Chambers
..

Clifton-

The curve track ballasting layout document lives on our file server at home.
I'll try to put it on scltc.org and post a link. The core problem that the
drawing solves is maximizing the amount of square "gravel" that can be placed
under curved track so that it matches the straight sections.

Susan has ballasted most of the track on our layouts. We have noticed that when
other members do it that they tend to be stingy with the gravel so that even the
straights don't match well.

Note that it's also useful to standardize the ratio of colors in the gravel mix.

-Ted
SCLTC