 Trains / 29983 (-10)
  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

(...) Have you considered weighting your cars? I know the NMRA has a standard recommended weight for HO cars. Tim (17 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

(...) Those are all excellent. The manual pick works really well, even on my light skeleton log car. I tried a side uncoupler, but it pushes some of my light cars off the tracks. I love that remote switch. I may have to try that out. Thanks for the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Power Functions Electronics Folder

The new Power Functions Electronics folder in my Brickshelf: (URL) contains circuits and pictures of how to use electronics with your PF parts. So far there are PF lead mods, a light direction, latch and flash circuit, which can keep train lights on (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

A new version of my Power Functins library and PWM remote are now available at: (URL) There was some code cleanup and fine tuning. The PWM remote program now goes from slowest to fasted speed. give it a try and thanks for all the feed back so far. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote: -snip- (...) On the topic of fun, classification, and yard work, have you tried John Allen's Timesaver switching puzzle? It's very compatible with LEGO. A version I created is available here: (URL) The nice think (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

The layout looks great (you will be so much happier with it when it's up on a table)! It's really hard to resist the temptation to make a loop, but point-to-point layouts have many more interesting possibilities. I think you'll be having fun with (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

(...) Using a standard #1 knuckle coupler is an interesting idea. But instead of using the raw shank version, why not go with one that is mounted in a draft gear box? A little epoxy or MEK could probably mount the draft gear box on a hacked brick. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Norfolk & Western Y6b 2-8-8-2 Steam Locomotive

Hi Cale! This is a great build, I am very impressed! I very much enjoyed seeing this fantastic model. You do excellent work. Thank you, Eric Sophie (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

(...) If you really want knuckle couplers for your LEGO trains, you could try these; (URL) They're made by Kadee (famous to all model railroad fans for their couplers). On their (URL) site>, they retail at 4,95$ for a pair. By modifying the shank (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scale Modelers Aren't the Only Ones . . .

(...) In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote: (...) Cool. I was worried that my reply was a bit arrogant. I spend a lot of time on the design of my layouts. Spending all year planning the design of the track and changes to the models, for an exhibition (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact