 Trains / 29887
Re: RC 'engine' availability?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:09:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Jackson wrote:
I have picked through the Lego site, will they ever release only the RC
platform or will it only be as a bundle?

Wayne,

I ma not positive what parts you are looking for but you are correct the R/C
parts do not show up on the www.LEGO.COM site as separate items.  I phoned
customer service and confirmed that you can purchase the items separately
instead of the whole set (#7898 / #7897) If you are interested I obtaining the
parts, you should phone 1-800-835- 4386 and asked to be transferred to customer
service. I would encourage you to call during normal business hours, so that you
are not transferred to a call center person that may not be able to assist you.
These same items are also available on BrickLink as well and some of the prices
are less than the LEGO price.  I did not check the price on the R/C transmitter.
All of the parts will ship from Denmark and are shipped at a flat rate of $2.95
I have some of the same parts in excess that I am willing to part with.

X1688cx1 (Peeron Number) is the Battery Box and receiver
4296054 Lego Part number
2016c01 Bricklink part number
Lego price:  $35.19   Bricklink price:  $15.00

X1690cx1 (Peeron Number) is the R/C motor
4289545 Lego Part number
X1688c01 Bricklink part number
Lego price:  $14.80   Bricklink price:  $19.98

CDCWDC