 Trains / 29741
29740  |  29742
Subject:
British Class 35 "Hymek" Loco with Power Functions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 00:30:03 GMT

New photos on Brickshelf of my 8mm scale Class 35 Hymek loco ("Bear" from the
Thomas stories), now with added Power Functions:

You can see the window of the PF IR receiver towards the right end of the roof
here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2840337

The odd bit in the middle of the roof is for an on-off switch.  This and the IR
window are the only external mods, but internally I have added lights and my own
lighting circuit, which latches the state of the lights in the direction of
travel, keeping them on when the train stops.  This loco has just one front
marker light and one tail light at each end.

The dark grey panels at each end should be green. I substituted panels for
bricks when I added the lights, but didn't have any green ones.

As before, there is a train motor in each bogie and the cab roof sections are
removable so that the driver can be placed inside.

Mark