 Trains / 2968
  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

(...) <snipped some good analysis> (...) The people who order power are usually thinking strategically, that is, what is the mix of loads, the track weight capability, the grades, etc, and how is it going to change over the 20+ year service life of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

Thanks Larry, Looks like I'll have to head to the library. Before I try to build the power unit. Your "ersatz Alco" is that Big Red, the engine featured on your web page? Chris <snip everything Larry and I typed previously> (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

(...) Yes. "Big red, an homage to the PA-1". I should build another one, when I get that one out it looks kind of primitive now. The state of the art in Lego Train Modeling has advanced a fair bit since december 1997 when that was built. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

(...) You only think that way because you've been hanging around with the GMLTC lately... (ducking and running!) :-) JohnG (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

(...) No, it's true. Showing you people how good I am HAS improved the state of the art, because I got better after being exposed to those "All the Johns are deluded that they are adequate" creations of yours. Some sort of opposites principle at (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

(...) Looking for winkies...now where are those winkies? J-2 (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)