 Trains / 29678 (-5)
  Old West Stock Car

I got some Brickforge animals in the mail a few weeks ago, and I've been wanting to find a way to show them off. I thought about building a livestock car, but modern livestock cars have roofs and high walls, and really don't let you see much detail. (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Scott Wardlaw's GE AC4400CW in Canadian Pacific Trim

(URL) After several versions, I think this one turned out pretty good. Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. (URL) Thanks for looking, Scott (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  How to pull a long train (Was: Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea)

(...) The running resistance is a complex issue. Its main factors are: weight, speed, distance between axles, and track type (straight/curve). On the real life trains, suspension is also an important factor. On a straight track, the movement of a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) Good question - depending on my former tests, I would guess, that short 4-wheel waggons (like the lightweight barrel waggon from set 2126) with not more than 6 studs distance from wheel block to wheel block offer the lower running resistance. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) During the last show that the Sydney LEGO Train Club displayed at, using an RC locomotive with two power bogies, we were able to pull about 27 carriages before the magnet couplers unbinding from each other. The magenets we used were the (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact