 Trains / 29676
  How to pull a long train (Was: Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea)

(...) The running resistance is a complex issue. Its main factors are: weight, speed, distance between axles, and track type (straight/curve). On the real life trains, suspension is also an important factor. On a straight track, the movement of a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to pull a long train (Was: Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea)

(...) [zick-zack] Hi Martin, you have added a few interesting issues into the discussion - especially the biting on straight track was more or less new for me, but of cause fully understandable. I think this is one of the reasons, why real life (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)