 Trains / 29586
    9v train motor compared to IR train motor —Christopher Masi
   Since I have only one IR-Controlled battery-powered (IR) motor, I devised a totally unreasonable test, and then subjected an IR motor and a 9v motor to the test. On a small 10 x 6 oval I set up an 8-stud wide train. I set up my big engine (8 x 59 (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor —Johan Korten
     AFAIK is the IR motor much lighter, did you try to compensate using those lead bricks (2x2x6 like in the 12V trains)?! My santa fe is also not doing so well in comparison to the 7760 (which is the best train in balance/pulling a heavy train IMHO). (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor —Christopher Masi
     (...) I don't think adding weight to the engine would help (the engine weighs about 1 kg). The wheels weren't slipping. The motor just slowed to a stop because the train was too heavy. Chris (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor —Benn Coifman
   (...) A good test of the two motors would be the identical train, with either the RC or 9v motor. In either case power the motor from the RC battery box. To prevent unintended resistance on the 9v motor, run it on RC track. Unfortunately, I don't (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor —Christopher Masi
   (...) [...] (...) Benn, That would be a good test of the motors, my goal was to test make a comparison between the two systems. Unfortunately, I don't have any RC track anymore. I gave it my parents so they would have some track for a 10183-based (...) (17 years ago, 18-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)