 Trains / 29568 (-10)
  Re: The Future of Trains

Chris brings home a good point. 9V is what it is, probably because of the powered rails. No other LEGO Train system has that. However, I do beleive that one day very soon (if not already) battery technology will allow more power than can be safely (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Actually, when I said it wasn't finished, I really meant that I just need to figure out the trucks and underside stuff, AND put on the poles, so I'm with ya, bro! (...) :-) Thanks, Chris. JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

Holger, Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear from an insider even if you can't say anything. I do realize you are only a conduit for information and can't actually make the decisions. I would personally be happy to setup something as a (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) [...] (...) Well, I guess at least we now don't have to worry about if or when the 9v line will be discontinued. Like some of you, I am upset. I am upset that LEGO marketed the 9v line so poorly, but I also suspect that in the current (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Hey, where are the trolley poles? It ain't a trolley without trolley poles :) No seriously, nice model. Too bad its not 8 wide ;) Chris (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) I covered my 7996 with copper foil tape that I found at Hobby Lobby in their stained glass section. They offer several different widths, all about $5 a roll (which is about 30m of the tape - plenty to do 7996. I was concerned about tinning the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) Now that is what I call "out of the box" thinking. Tommy Armstrong (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

Hi Eric, Hi Bryan, Hi all, you are right, we are under NDA and I will not comment on any posting either positive or negative about the train announcement. We AFOL insiders will read all theses posts and we will transport any suggestion into our (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Thanks, Dave. As a matter of fact... (URL) :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  More Trolley Pics

I took some more (URL) better> (sic) pics of my trolley. Some points of interest: One pic has Ross posed in front of it to give an idea of its size. These pics show it posed on some Aristo G scale trucks. The trolley itself is built to about (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact