 Trains / 2941
2940  |  2942
Subject:
Thanks for the heads up on the Target sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:36:07 GMT

I forget who posted and I do not feel like looking it up, but thank you
for posting about the sale Target was having on 4561. We do not have a
Target near us, but while visiting my parents for Thanks Giving in I
picked up a set. I didn't like the set for 129.99 plus tax, but for less
than $100 I like it just fine. I found that there are two very quick and
easy ways tom make the cars of the train look better: (1) do not apply
the silly arrow stickers, and (2) remove the blue things the run the
length of the cars. The engine will require a bit of work. Actually, I
am looking forward to exstensive modifications of this set. It has alot
of useful elements that I think could be turned into a nice passenger
train. To bad I do not have 10 or 12 white doors.

As and aside, I like the little cars. It occured to me that they are not
cars. They are Jeeps. Since Jeeps do not have doors, not having doors is
not a problem!

Thanks again,
Chris

P.S. I keep thinking I should have bought two...oh well. I see what
comes out next.