 Trains / 293
Re: 6399 Airport Shuttle, 7740 Passenger Express Train Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 14:09:41 GMT

Mark Harrison wrote:

Mark Harrison wrote:

Hi All,

I wish to offer the following sets for Auction/Sale:

        6399 Airport Shuttle Monorail Min $425.00
        http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6399

        7740 12V Passenger Express    Min $425.00
        http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7740

        7777 Train Idea book          Bid $30.00 Lehner                       >
        6285 Black Seas Baracuda      Bid $130.00 JWilliams
        http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6285

Prices and descriptions:

        6399 Airport Shuttle Monorail

If I recall an rtler called Chollymac coughed up $500.00 recently
for 6399. A great price!! Mine comes with a mint copy of the original
instructions and an unused complete sticker sheet but no box.

Parts missing or replaced:

The lower station uses a 32x32 baseplate plus two 8x16 green mini
baseplates. One mini baseplate was missing so I have used one 8x32 base
plate instead.

One of the windows on the hamburger stand was missing, replaced with one
same color but has "police" written at bottom of piece.> >

Three yellow fence pieces on the street baseplates are missing.

One minifig is missing (I can supply all but the chest of this one)
which is the woman with black hair and white hands.

The monorail direction changers have a 2x2 yellow round brick and red 2x2
square tile with black arrow. One (1) 2x2 tile with arrow is missing,
replaced with a white 2x2 round tile with a yellow arrow.

Two clear mugs are missing.

That's about it for 6399. I'll see if I can source some of these pieces
from Lego over here.

I will sell for $475.00.

        7740 12V Express Passenger Train

The 7740 rollingstock is complete including internal detail
and minifigs. The platform is complete. The instructions are B&W
photocopies, I can supply colour photocopies at cost.

The last three occassions on which this train was offered for sale or
auction it fetched:
        $500.00 (photocopied instructions)
        $675.00 (original instructions)
        $500.00 (instructions?)

Sale price of Rollingstock only is $425.00
Sale price of complete set no track is $475.00

If anyone is really after track, I've been selling it for $20 to $25 for
eight sections depending on condition( rails, sleepers and conducting
rails)

The only trade I will entertain is for 7750 plus either 7755 or 7760.

        Classic 7777 4.5V and 12V Train Idea Book from 1981

This book has become rather rare. It last went in Matt Chiles Train
Auction for $250.00 to RichL. AbnerF recently paid $200 for one.

I'd prefer to trade this copy for one or some of the following sets:

7715, 7720, 7735, 7750, 7755, 7760, 7810, 7822, 147, 148, 149 or any
4.5V set you have that you think I don't have.

Cash offers will be considered.

        6285 Black Seas Baracuda

Almost forgot about this one. I'm not normally into pirate sets but this
one was offered to me and as I have heard so much about it I decide to
take it just to say I built it once. It sure is a nice looking ship. I'm
told the pirate ships that came after this one just don't measure up.
Its a good Mantle piece dust gatherer if your not into pirates.

This one was built once and dismantle when I said I would buy it.
Missing one piece of string that holds up the treasure chest between the
two masts.(there is a piece but its to short).

Again, I'll sell this if offered a good enough price.

All prices are in US dollars.
Payment is to be in US dollars or conversion of same to Ossy dollars.
Successful bidders outside Australia are to send payment to
Larry Pieniazek (Hey, I can finally spell Larry's surname without
looking it up).
Australians send the money to me.
Godlike rules apply.

I will pay the cost of surface postage to any destination, if airmail
postage is requested purchaser pays the difference.

Oo Roo

Mark H.