 Trains / 284
283  |  285
Subject:
Auction/Sale 6399 Airport Shuttle, 7740 Passenger Express Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:34:25 GMT

Mark Harrison wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>I wish to offer the following sets for Auction/Sale:

6399 airport shuttle,
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6399

7740 12V Passenger Express
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7740

7777 Train Idea book

> Prices and descriptions:
>
>         6399 Airport Shuttle Monorail
>
> If I recall an rtler called Chollymac coughed up $500.00 recently
> for 6399. A great price!! Mine comes with a mint copy of the original
> instructions and an unused complete sticker sheet but no box.
>
> Parts missing or replaced:
>
> The lower station uses a 32x32 baseplate plus two 8x16 green mini
> baseplates. One mini baseplate was missing so I have used one 8x32
base
> plate instead.
>
> One of the windows on the hamburger stand was missing, replaced with
ne
> same color but has "police" written at bottom of piece.> >
> Three yellow fence pieces on the street baseplates are issing.
> One 2x6 black brick was missing, replaced by two 1x6 black bricks.
> (structural and not visible)
>
> Two minifigs are missing (I can supply all but the chests of these
two,
> which are the woman with black hair and white hands and the hamburger
> chef.
>
> The monorail direction changers have a 2x2 yellow brick and red 2x2
> square tile with black arrow. One (1) 2x2 tile with arrow is missing,
> replaced with a white 2x2 round tile with a yellow arrow.
>
> Two clear mugs are missing.
>
> That's about it for 6399. I'll see if I can source some of these
pieces
> from Lego over here.

Will sell for $475.00.

>         7740 12V Express Passenger Train
>
> The 7740 rollingstock appears to be complete including internal
detail
> and minifigs. The platform is complete. The instructions are B&W
> photocopies, I can supply colour photocopies at cost.
>
> The last three occassion on which this train was offered for sale or
> auction it fetched:
>         $500.00 (photocopied instructions)
>         $675.00 (original instructions)
>         $500.00 (instructions?)
>
> Auction price starts at $350.00
> Sale price of Rollingstock only is $425.00
> Sale price of complete set no track is $475.00
>
> If anyone is really after track, I've been selling it for $20 to $25
or
> eight sections depending on condition( rails, sleepers and conducting
> rails)
>

> The only trade I will entertain is for 7750 plus either 7755 or 7760.

>         Classic 7777 4.5V and 12V Train Idea Book from 1981
>
> This book has become rather rare. It last went in Matt Chiles Train
> Auction for $250.00 to RichL. AbnerF recently paid $200 for one.
These
> are wonderful prices!!
>
> I'd prefer to trade this copy for one or some of the following sets:
>
> 7715, 7720, 7735, 7750, 7755, 7760, 7810, 7822, 147, 148, 149 or any
> 4.5V set you have that you think I don't have.
>
> Cash offers will be considered.

>         6285 Black Seas Baracuda
>
> Almost forgot about this one. I'm not normally into pirate sets but
his
> one was offered to me and as I have heard so much about it I decide
> take it just to say I built it once. It sure is a nice looking ship.
I'm