 Trains / 29207
Re: Bavarian S3/6 steam engine in odd color livre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   Hi to all Lugnet train fans!

Today I want to present an engine I have finished to build two weeks ago. Since then I hadn’t found the time to present it here. Since the Brickshelf Gallery has already collected 5000+ klicks within 2 weeks, I assume a lot of Lugnetters are already familiar with this engine:

(click to enlarge)

SNIP

Finally! A couple more days and I would have posted this for you!

It’s a fantastic build, Ben. And it’s not red and black!

I love the solution you came up with for clearing the pistons over the pony truck, as well as the rubber-band loaded center driver. I’ve never seen that other non-LEGO train wheel type before, or at least I’ve not recognized it for what it is if you had used it before. I’ll have to look into those.

The color scheme looks really sharp, I really like the use of those yellow rubber bands as accents.

And it’s not red and black!

I can’t wait to see what you build next.

--Tony