 Trains / 29205
  7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

The much rumored dual-crossover is now available from the US Shop At Home site, (URL) This product announcement is bittersweet. The new rail set is available for R/C trains only, and I hope that readers here will do their best to adapt this design (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) Huh. So one switch controls both main lines at once. I hope it's a 3-position switch, because otherwise you can't have both main lines in straight mode....?? (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) From the small picture in the box front, yes. (...) Again, from the box pictures, it is not. (...) ...right. Definitly a nice add-on for kids' layout. AFOLs will probably made their own mods. With the new tracks system (non metal tracks), new (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) The geometry is not completely useless, it looks like you set the switches such that both tracks feed the same destination in a given direction (R or L). But if you always run on the righthand side, then you'd set the switches to the R exit (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) Quoted from <http:\www.brickish.org Brickish Assocation> member James Shields "I also got the new RC crossover points. They are interesting, but not quite as good as I hoped. Earlier reports suggested that the switch was a 3-way affair, but it (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)